PayPunch is a simple solution that pays for itself over and over again by allowing your company to automate payroll processing and eliminate hours of payroll calculations.
Integrating PayPunch with your existing payroll software is easy with the Export Editor.
The Export Editor is in PayPunch Professional and PayPunch Enterprise.
If you do not see this option in Export > Export Editor, then you will need to change a few settings.
- Go to Tools > Options > Settings > and make sure Enable Editing Reports and Exports is checked. If you are using QuickBooks, make sure that option is checked.
- Then, go to Tools > Time Calculation > Click Advanced (Using Shifts).
How to create a custom template:
1) Go to Export > Export Editor and select your Company.
2) You will see a list of your existing templates. Click New at the top left.
3) If you are exporting your data to be used in your Payroll software, export a sample file from your Payroll software. Analyze the file structure and take notes of the fields and format.
4) Add Rows and Columns into your table.
You can name the Column headings as well.
5) Drag and drop the fields you want to add into the cells.
6) You can enter values in the cells if you want to have text.
7) Once you are done, name your template and then save.
8) Close the Export Editor and Click on the template you just created.
9) Choose the employees you want in the report and hit OK. Save the file when prompt.
Q: I don’t see my template! I recently moved PayPunch from one computer to another and now it is gone.
A: You will need to go to your old computer and copy the .xml file in the Template Folder.
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Xpress Software\PayPunch\Templates
Windows 7+: C:\ProgramData\Xpress Software\PayPunch\Templates
Copy the template file (.xml) from this file and paste it into this folder on the other computer. Make sure PayPunch is closed when you paste the file in. If it was not closed, please close and launch PayPunch to see the template.
Q: I upgraded PayPunch and the AccPac/ADP template has changed.
A: These templates come default with PayPunch (They are the only two that come default). If you have made a modification to the template, during installation it will ask if you want to keep your existing templates, or replace them. Replacing them will revert them back to the default templates.
Q: Why are the minutes greater than 60? I see 40.73 hours.
A: This time is in decimal format. In this case, you have 40 hours and 0.73 of an hour. 0.73 hours is equivalent to 44 minutes. (0.73*60 = 44)
When installing IIS and .NET Framework 4 for PayPunch or Advanced Timesheet Reports Web, you will need to install IIS and the .NET Framework in a specific order.
The .NET Framework 4 can be installed side-by-side with previous versions of the .NET Framework on a single computer. If IIS was previously enabled on the computer, the setup process for the .NET Framework automatically registers ASP.NET 4 with IIS. However, if you install the .NET Framework 4 before you enable IIS, you must run the ASP.NET IIS Registration tool in order to register the .NET Framework with IIS and create application pools that use the .NET Framework 4.
If you install IIS before you install the .NET Framework 4, then everything will be registered properly.
If you install the .NET Framework 4 before you install IIS, you will need to take additional steps.
1. Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt. Please right click Command Prompt and Run as Administrator.
2. Locate aspnet_regiis.exe
For .NET Framework V4 (32-bit systems): %windir%\
For .NET Framework V4 (64-bit systems): %windir%\
- For Windows Server 2008 R2, the 64-bit version should be used.
3. Run the following command in an Administrative Command Prompt
aspnet_regiis.exe -iru -enable
Doing these steps will register this version of ASP.net. It will not change IIS configurations for any existing applications. It will also enable ASP.NET in the IIS Security Console (IIS 6 or later).
If you have any further questions, please call us at 1-888-777-0388 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our other blogs on IIS
PayPunch is a Powerful Biometric Time Clock & Attendance tracking system that replaces the typical time clock used to track employees attendance. Instead of employees punching a time-card, they simply insert their hand into the reader and enter their employee number. PayPunch does the rest!
PayPunch comes in 3 editions: Enterprise, Professional and Lite. You should choose the edition that best fits your needs.
If you need one or more items from this list, you should choose PayPunch Enterprise.
- Advanced Shifts
- Multiple users and permissions
- Advanced Rounding Rules and Pay Policies
- Job codes/Account Numbers
- Advanced/Customized Reports
- SQL Server Database
If you do not need any of the features above, but you need at least one of the features below, you should choose PayPunch Professional.
- Rounding rules and Pay Policies
- Overtime Calculation
- Simple Reports
- Attendance History
PayPunch Lite is a free edition (up to 25 employees) which has limited features.
Each license of PayPunch allows you to track one employee. For example, if you have 10 employees, you would need to purchase 10 Employee licenses. For companies with a large amount of employees (150+), you can purchase a site license, allowing for an unlimited amount of employees.
For more information on the different editions, please visit the Comparison Chart
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our sales and technical support team or phone us at 1-888-777-0388.
Dear Valued Customers,
It is Thanksgiving in Canada and we would like to take this opportunity to say “Thank You” for all of your loyalty and support over the past years.
Xpress Software would like to wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving!
Please be advised that our office will be closed on Monday October 12, 2015 but will resume Tuesday October 13th 2015 at 8:00am (EDT).
For any inquiries during the office closure, please send us a message through email to email@example.com.
Advanced ID Creator is a popular ID Card creator from Xpress Software, that is used by many over the world. Advanced ID Creator allows you to create professional looking photo ID cards, badges, loyalty, membership cards and other personal identification items in seconds!
In this tutorial, we will be going over the process of making a Photo ID card from scratch. This will be going over Advanced ID Creator Enterprise edition (Version 10.5.277). Some features shown may not be included in the Professional, Premier or Personal editions. To see the comparisons between versions, click here.
1. The first thing we want to do is to create a new template. For this example, we are using a credit card sized template.
- You can also create Photo ID cards, Badges, Business Cards, Envelopes, Labels, and much, much more.
2. We can now add a background to our ID Card. You can choose a preloaded background, or import your own.
3. Now, we can add our fields. Click and drag the fields you want into the cards. You can even create your own custom fields to use.
- You can also add other information such as pictures, shapes, lines, text and a QR Code (Quick Response) on your card.
- You can enable Grid/Ruler to give you more precision. To turn on or off these views, go to View > Template and select Grid or Ruler.
- If you are printing on a card that has a Magnetic Stripe, you can turn on an option to show the black stripe on the back side of the card. This way, you won’t put any information where the stripe will be. To turn on or off the stripe, go to Tools > Magnetic Stripe > Show.
- If you want to add a Hole to your card, you can turn on an option to show a gray bar which can be moved to where the hole will be placed. To turn on or off this whole, go to Tools > Attributes > Hole.
4. Once you have finished your design, you can enter employee data. Do this in the Data window by clicking the person with a + sign.
5. You can view how the card will look for this employee by clicking Data Mode in the Data window.
6. Once everything looks good, you can print your card!
For more information, please call us at 1888-777-0388 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Over a year ago, PayPunch, a popular Time and Attendance software, released an Email Notification feature to help businesses get notifications about their employees time and attendance.
These notification email reports can report on Lateness, On site status, Absence and Early out of your employees.
A few customers have found an issue when using a Gmail address as the email sender, however, this is a very easy fix.
When setting up Email notifications in PayPunch using a gmail address, if you see the error “Cannot send email. Error: The operation has timed out.” after clicking Test Connection, please try the following:
1. Login to your Gmail account and go to https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps
2. This page will ask to if you would like access for less secure apps. Select Turn On.
3. In PayPunch Email notifications, set the SMTP Settings to:
- Server: smtp.gmail.com
- Port: 25
- SSL: Checked
- Set the From e-mail, login, password and confirm password to your credentials.
4. Hit Test connection to check if the email is sent.
If you have any more questions, please Contact Our Support Team
Today is Labour Day! Relax and enjoy your long weekend!
What will you do on this long weekend?
Please note our office will be closed on Monday September 7th. For any inquiries during the office closure, please send us a message through email to email@example.com.