We are excited to announce that Universal Biometric Driver Push Mode is finally ready! This feature will be available in our new PayPunch Version 10 which will be released really soon.
What is Push Mode?
In contrast to the traditional Service Mode, where computer retrieves information from the time clocks, time clocks send information to the computer in Push Mode. Push Mode is an ideal solution for companies with large number of time clocks.
To prepare our valued customers for this new release, this post will explain to you how to install and configure UBD Server step by step.
In order to install and run UBD Server, please make sure Internet Information Service (IIS) and ASP.NET MVC 2.0 are installed and running.
Also be sure that you have administrative user rights on the computer. By default, you do not have administrative user rights if you are logged on as a user other than the built-in administrator, even if you were added to the local Administrators group on the computer.
Follow procedure below to verify if your system has both services installed.
Install IIS 7
To open the Windows Features dialog box, click Start, and then click Control Panel.
In the Control Panel, click Programs.
Click Turn Windows features on or off.
You may receive the Windows Security warning. Click Allow to continue. The Windows Features dialog box is displayed.
Expand Internet Information Services. Additional categories of IIS features are displayed. Select the check boxes for all IIS features, and then click OK to start installation.
The progress indicator appears.
When the installation completes, the Windows Features dialog box closes, and the Control Panel is displayed.
IIS 7 is now installed with a default configuration on Windows Vista or Windows 7. To confirm that the installation succeeded, type the following URL into your browser, http://localhost.
Install UBD Server
1. Download PayPunch version 10.
2. The installation is conducted through the help of Master Installer and requires a number of steps. During the process, the following buttons are available: “Back” (to go back to previous step), “Next” (to continue the installation of PayPunch) and “Cancel” (to interrupt the installation of the PayPunch).
4. Select “New Database” option box when you are installing PayPunch for the first time or when you are re-installing PayPunch and would like to abate database data from the previous installation.
5. Select “Existing Database” option box when you are upgrading PayPunch installation.
6. Click on Next> button to go to the next step of the installation.
7. Select “MS Access” if you would like to use Microsoft Access Database as the database type. Select “SQL Server” if you would like to use Microsoft SQL Server Database as the database type.
8. Click on Next> button to go to the next step of the installation.
9. Wait approximately a half of minute, watching how PayPunch install itself…
10. Run PayPunch after installation.
14. A message will be displayed, indicates that ASP.NET MVC 2 has been installed successfully.
16. To confirm that the installation succeeded, type the following URL into your browser, http://localhost:81.
Configuring UBD Server
1. Enable “Push Mode” on the time clock. On the time clock, go to Main Menu->Comm. -> Web Setup. Select “IP Mode” and enter your server’s local or global IP Address. Use Port Number 81.
2. Go to UBD Options->TCP/IP option and select “Add New Device”.
3. Select Server as Connection Type.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.
Interested in upgrading to PayPunch 10? Call us today at 1888-777-0388 or send us an email.
Topics: Attendance Control, Attendance Control System, attendance software, employee tracking, employee tracking software, paypunch, PayPunch10, time and attendance, time and attendance software, ubd, Universal Biometric Driver, workforce control, Xpress Software, Time Card, Payroll Porcessing, Biometric Time and Attendance, Time Attendance.
Introducing Xpress Software Amazing Cyber Monday Sale!
Time & Attendance: http://www.paypunch.com/
Project Management & Time Tracking: http://www.advancedtimereports.com/
ID Card Design: http://advancedidcreator.com/
Any Questions? Call us at 1888-777-0388 or send an email to email@example.com.
Topics: Xpress Software Inc., Software Sale, Cyber Monday, Cyber Monday 2014, Software Promotion, Time Clock Sale, PayPunch, Advanced Time Reports, Advanced ID Creator, time and attendance software, time and attendance solution, desktop time and attendance software, project management software, id card software, id card design, employee time tracking, easy timesheets, time card.
Computer crashed? Getting rid of old systems?
PayPunch Time and Attendance software is super easy to install and use.
This guide will help you move PayPunch software from your old PC to the new PC.
1. Find out Version and Edition of your PayPunch software.
Open PayPunch software, go to Help tab click on About Form. Contact Support.
2. Backup PayPunch database. Please refer to the following steps for proper procedure:
2.1. Start PayPunch and login as administrator.
2.2. Open Tools > UBD options.
2.3. Stop and then uninstall the UBD Service.
2.4. Locate PayPunch database (xscommon.mdb file).
2.5. Backup your database file and transfer it to a secure location on your new PC using a USB Flash Drive.
2.6. Exit PayPunch.
3. On your new PC, Download PayPunch software.
4. Launch the installation file.
5. Put check marks for PayPunch and Universal Biometric driver.
6. When choosing database, use Create New Database.
7. Finish the installation.
8. Run PayPunch and check if application is running well. If yes, close application.
9. Open database folder (path in step 6). Rename current database and then move old database here (XSCommon.mdb).
10. Log back into PayPunch.
Questions? Our support team is ready to help you.
Topics: changing system, employee tracking, employee tracking software, hr software, paypunch, paypunch installation, paypunch support, technical support, time and attendance, time and attendance solution, Time and Attendance System, Time Tracking, Timesheets, xpress software
Xpress Software Inc. BLACK FRIDAY SALE EVENT is just 12 HOURS away!
Take 11% OFF all TIME CLOCKS!
Take 28% OFF all SOFTWARE!
Plus, receive ADDITIONAL DISCOUNTS on your purchase of $2014 USD or more!
Topics: Advanced ID Creator, Advanced Time reports, Advanced Timesheet Reports, biometric time clock, id creator software, PayPunch, PayPunch Web, project management, software sale, time and attendance, time cards, time clock, time clock sale, Time Tracking, Timesheets, Black Friday 2014, Black Friday Deals
PayPunch is a user-friendly and flexible time and attendance software that can be used by companies of all sizes. It is based on MS Access and SQL Server.
PayPunch version 9 is compatible with most Windows Operating Systems, including Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and more.
SQL Server Database Option is available in PayPunch Enterprise Edition only. (SQL Server database is optional. Install PayPunch with Access database.)
Please note that although SQL Server is selected, both MS Access database (XSCommon.mdb) and MS SQL Server database will be used. All data will be stored in SQL Server database but Access database will contain strings to SQL Server database.
1. Download PayPunch Enterprise from our official website.
2. Run the setup file.
3. Check both PayPunch and Universal Biometric Driver when selecting component to be installed.
4. Create a new database.
6. Enter your SQL Server Name, Login and Password (Admin account). Test connection and make sure connection is successful before proceeding to the next step.
7. Click Next>, Next>. Software will be installed and PayPunch SQL Server database will be created.
8. Open SQL Server Management Studio and check if PayPunch database is created.
9. Run PayPunch Enterprise. Create a company and then check if this record is written to SQL Server database.
IMPORTANT: database file must be located on the same computer where you have installed UBD.Topics: Attendance Control, Attendance Control System, Database based time and attendance, easy time tracking, employee time management, installing paypunch, paypunch, sql based time and attendance, SQL Desktop Time and Attendance, SQL Server, SQL Server Database, SQL Server Supported, SQL Time and Attendance software, time and attendance, time attendance system sql server database
Xpress Software wishes you a Happy Thanksgiving Day!
With Black Friday around the corner, we are excited to announce our Exclusive Black Friday Promotion. It will begin on November 27th 2014 and continue until December 1st 2014. Do not miss out on these great deals on your favorite software.
1. Find the Products you want.
2. Add the product(s) to your shopping cart.
3. Proceed to checkout.
4. Select delivery and billing options.
5. Review your order.
6. Submit your order.
7. Receive an online order confirmation.
8. Send us an email with the order confirmation and the promo code.
That’s right, getting discounted rates as easy as asking for it. So be sure to tell your friends and colleagues!
- all sales are final and non-refundable
- not valid on previous purchases
- cannot be combined with any other discounts or promotional offers.
- limited time offer
- send an email with order confirmation and the promo code
XSSOFTWARE BLACKFRIDAY 2014
DLST, also called Daylight Saving Time, is a system to prescribe local time in order to save energy. The unified time adopted during the system date is called “DLST”. Usually, the time will be one hour forward in summer. It can make people sleep early and get up early. It can also reduce lighting to save power. In autumn, the time will be recovered. The regulations are different in different countries. At present, nearly 110 countries adopt DLST.
“Notice: Only some models have DLST function. If you need it, please contact our support team.”
Daylight Saving Time option can be found on time date interface if the device has DLST function: Set DLST as ON and you will be able to choose from 2 DLST Date Modes.
Date Mode 1 (MM-DD HH:MM)
For example, if DLST starts on every April 1st 8:00am and ends on every August 1st 8:00am, you would enter 04-01 08:00 as Start, 08-01 08:00 as End.
Press “OK(M/<-)” to save setting. Press “ESC” to exit without saving
Date Mode 2 (MM-WS-WK HH:MM)
MM: Month, from 1 to 12 where 1 represents January and 2 for February and so on.
WS: Number of weeks, 1-6 where 1 represents first week, 2 means second week and so on.
WL: Week, 0 to 6, where 0 represents Sunday, 1 represents Monday and so on.
For example, DLST starts on the second Sunday in March at 2:00am and ends on the first Sunday in November at 2:00am. These models should display as follows:
Press “OK(M/<-)” to save setting. Press “ESC” to exit without saving.
More questions? Contact us.
Topics: Attendance System, Biometric Attendance System, biometric clock, biometric system, Canada daylight saving time, card reader, change date and time, date and time, daylight saving time, DLST, fingerprint reader, paypunch, time clock, time clock manual, xpress software, X628C, X628, U300, U300C, US10C, US100